Monday, July 8, 2013

Almost complete.

I have several days of catching up to do but today I must post a happy birthday note to Jamuna.  She and Abe are scheduled to arrive in about an hour.  We will celebrate with dinner at Asie (her choice) then a little bit of cake and some presents back at the rental house.

Prema and Maya arrived safely and right on time yesterday along with Prema's folks.

I arrived on Saturday with our essential stuff.  The bikes are unloaded and have already been put to good use.  Yesterday morning I rode into town for a breakfast snack with good friend Charlie who is living just down the street.  Took a longer "exercise" ride yesterday afternoon (never underestimate the impact of high elevation, whew), and this morning Prema and I rode into town and back (about 5 miles round trip).


Almost forgot that I rode into town Saturday evening to meet up with my favorite bearded brother-in-law (I don't think Jacob or Matthew are sporting beards), his son Mathew and Simon's friend Angie.  She's practically family and we love her.  They are flanked by very dear friend Mary and Freddie who live down valley in Carbondale, CO.  I had forgotten that Simon and gang had arrived a few days previously but when I got the call I hopped on the bike and met them at the Aspen Grill by the gondola.   It was a lovely night.



I will catch up with some other photos and info soon along with some pics of the evenings festivities.

No comments:

Post a Comment